Blog Archive

Dec 25, 2012

Starry Night


A weekish ago Mrs. Stillman said there was gonna be a meteor shower. We went to see it. I wrote about it for you, but, then all the little kids in Connecticut got cold-bloodedly murdered.   Little puppies!  Just like us!  So I just couldn’t. We cried and cried. I think everybody did.  I hope you’re feeling okay enough to read what I wrote about the meteors now.  If you are, here it is:







I live in Ithaca New York.  Ithaca is south and east of the Great Lakes, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. They are very great lakes with lots of water. "So what" you say? Lotsa clouds that’s what!  Mucho clouds see? All the time!  Mrs.Stillman says Ithaca is second only to Seattle in the whole United States in cloudy days! Very depressing.
But am I depressed? NO!

Because you know why?  Because last night was almost not cloudy.  Mrs. Stillman woke me up reeeeely late!  It was almost midnight!  She picked me up all sleepy and tucked me into my favorite snow-suit. The Christmas plaid one with a big “W-O-O-F on the back.

We got into the car and drove waaaay out of the city. After a while we turned off the big road and drove up a big hill.
We went up and up. It got nightier and nightier as we climbed. 


 Then we turned onto an even smaller road until we stopped. Mrs. Stillman turned the car off and switched off the lights.  It was so dark. Outside was as black as night. Ha ha.

We just sat there for a while and listened to the quiet.

Then we got out of the car.  It was so cold I could hear the ground crunch under Mrs. Stillman’s boots. But I was warm cause she had me snuggled inside of her coat.

Then we looked up. And WOW!  
There were zillions of sparkles all over the sky! 
 I never saw that before! (There weren't any lights, day or night, in the garden shed where the puppy mill kept me).



 We just stood there and as our eyes got better more and more sparkles showed up. And guess what! Every few minutes one of them would whoosh! Shoot past all the others and then poof! Disappear.  We watched a whole bunch of them do that.

Some of the stars turned into snow and fell right down on us.  Then some clouds came and started switching them off.  Mrs. Stillman started shivering. So we walked back to the car. 

But, before we got in we looked down the hill, and there was another WOW!
We saw millions more sparkles down below.  Mrs. Stillman said that was Ithaca!  
I didn’t know that Ithaca was made of stars. Mrs. Stillman says everything is….even us. 


We just stood there and loved each other over it.

Then we drove home.  I sat on her lap so I could see out the window. I saw all the Christmas houses glowing with all kinds of jiggling colored lights. A lot of them had big pine trees inside the house!  Weird! They were all covered with lights and jingles just like outside.

When we pulled up to our house, I could see a little tree in our window too. It looked so friendly. Even the (ugh) cat smiled at us when we walked in the door.

I’m glad I finally got to tell you this story. It was so wonderful.  But, tonight is almost Christmas Morning. Our little tree is still sparkling. Memee is still smiling. I’m full of Christmas dog treats. Mrs. Stillman is yawning. 

 We’re gonna go to bed now and, just this once, I’m gonna let Memee, the (ugh)cat purr on me.  We’re all so lucky I got adopted.
  

I feel so cozy now, and toasty….and…. sleepy…..
 Pleasant Dreams and Merry Christmas 
To all the Puppies in the World.


Love, Libby


No comments: