Blog Archive

Jul 9, 2011

Gardening Ramifications

As you know I have a new ((old) house and yard. Mrs. Stillman wants pretty flowers in front of the house for people to see and pretty flowers in the back for me.
   

We went to Lowes to buy gardening stuff, and I once again directed activities from the baby carrier. (I assume it was fumigated prior to my entry. I hate getting baby poop on my fur).



Mrs Stillman bought puppuals and annuals. Then, for the soil,  we bought some manure. I told her that wasn't necessary. I had been hiding some under the steps just for her, but she said "No Thank you." I guess mine wouldn't have been enough anyway.   Then we went home to prepare the soil.



It was hard work out there. Mrs. Stillman dug a nice cool trench for me to lie in, which I did. But then, for some reason, she pulled me right out!  She planted impatiens into my trench and I had to be content sitting on top of the weeds and twigs she had removed. I ate as many as I could before throwing up.

In the back yard Mrs. Stillman softened up the ground for me so that I could examine worms and help dig holes for new plants. Ha ha I dug so hard I sprayed dirt all over Mrs. Stillman. It was great!  Funny tho, she didn’t laugh as much as I thought she would. 
Anyway, we dug all afternoon. I was exhausted! 

Unfortunately Mrs. Stillman did not display much gratitude for all my help. Once we were done I was unceremoniously plopped into the kitchen sink and sprayed with tons of water. I almost drowned in there!! That was an experience I do not wish to repeat; however, I will not let that deter me from helping Mrs. Stillman dig in the future. I’m just that kind of dog.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love you Libby! I wish you could come visit us (A Tail to Tell) in PA. I'd love a signed autograph!! I'm picturing a nice 8 X 10 Glossy of you hanging on the wall at The Pancake Farm in Ephrata!!

Keep up the good work!!