Blog Archive

Apr 3, 2013

Stalking some Good Advice


Do you think I’m a stalker?  That’s what Mrs. Stillman’s friend called me today!  It’s just that I have to have my nose firmly attached to her foot at all times.  Does that make me a stalker?  
“No,” not in my case,  said Mrs. Stillman.  She explained to her friend that I require special care and dispensation because I have PTSD.  She explained that Libby (that’s me) having been a puppy mill prisoner for over 9 years has a few attention issues.  And she was right.  Wouldn’t you if you were fed food through a chute and watered through a pipe and never felt a loving touch?  That was my situation until I got rescued.  In fact, I’ve heard of dogs who never adjust to humans.  (Hmmm, I can see some logical thinking there.)

Yes, Puppy mill dogs have many problems that are so upsetting but, don’t worry, they usually can be solved.  If you think about it, we rescues have no reason to trust anybody, and mostly we don’t. Well, I am learning, not because of Mrs Stillman mind you, but  because I am the world's smartest and most adjustable dog (minus the nose thing).  

Ya know, I still have nightmares about that place. That's part of PTSD.



I try to forget, but sometimes I think about my brothers and sisters who are still there and I just cry.


 All those poor pups, sleeping in poop or stacked on top of each other, miserable, hungry, in pain.  It’s just awful. 



Why do th*se fuckin Am*sh people have such a sweet reputation?  (Excuse my English). I think we should puppy-mill them.  


That will be a great day!
Off with their...caps I say!


Cut off their beards Hooray! 
On the other paw,  they seem to do that to each other without our help!  Ha ha,Yah
ha, ha, they were arrested for cutting off each others beards!    

But, as someone commented:
in only a very few cases of‘legitimate’ beard cutting,  does the beard not grow back 
Ha ha ha.ROTFLAO again !

I guess I’ve gotten off the subject, but Mrs Stillman and I love to laugh at them while we are hating them        
Okay, back to dogginess, If you are dog that has recently been liberated from a puppy mill, and someone has adopted you, I suggest you show your new renters (nobody owns you) some guidelines  for dealing with one of us.  If your adopters read them it'll make your life so much easier, and your adopters' too I’ll bet. The guidelines will help them understand things like trust and marking and housetraining and feeding and snuggling and eye contact (my particular problem) too. I wanna give a bark out to Michelle Bender and Kim Townsend for writing them. Just send them to my Rehab to read all about it.  

And while they are there, maybe they could get you a brother or sister if you are lonely! Just remember, you have a new life awaiting you. Good Luck.

Love, Libby




1 comment:

donn said...

Libby, you are so adorable. Your mum must be very proud :) Donn